National Forest - VA,WV,KY
George Washington National Forest was established on May 16, 1918 as the Shenandoah National Forest. The forest was renamed after the first President on June 28, 1932. Natural Bridge National Forest was added on July 22, 1933. In 1995, the George Washington and Jefferson National Forests were administratively combined. The border between the two forests roughly follows the James River. The combined forest is administered from its headquarters in Roanoke, Virginia.
|Virginia Pocket Maps|
Virginia State - Virginia State Bicycle Map
Bicycle Map of Virginia. Published by the Virginia Department of Transportation.