Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse
Outstanding Natural Area - Florida
The Jupiter Inlet Light is located in Jupiter, Florida, on the north side of the Jupiter Inlet. The site for the lighthouse was chosen in 1853. It is located between Cape Canaveral Light and Hillsboro Inlet Light. The lighthouse was designed by then Lieutenant George G. Meade of the Bureau of Topographical Engineers. Meade's design was subsequently modified by Lieutenant William Raynolds. The Jupiter Inlet silted shut in 1854, forcing all building supplies to be shipped in light boats down the Indian River. Work was interrupted from 1856 to 1858 by the Third Seminole War. The lighthouse was completed under the supervision of Captain Edward A. Yorke in 1860 at a cost of more than $60,000.
|Florida Pocket Maps
Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse - Recreation Map
Recreation Map of Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse Outstanding Natural Area (ONA) in Florida. Published by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).
Florida State - Highway Map South 2023
Official Highway Map South of Florida. Published by the Florida Department of Transportation.