"Juniper Flats" by Bureau of Land Management California , public domain

El Mirage


brochure El Mirage - Brochure

Brochure of El Mirage OHV Recreation Area in the BLM Barstow Field Office area in California. Published by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).

covered parks

U.S. Department of the Interior Bureau of Land Management El Mirage OHV Recreation Area Your Recreation Destination - Barstow Field Office El Mirage Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Area The El Mirage OHV Recreation Area is managed by the BLM’s Barstow Field Office (BAFO) and encompasses 27,275 acres with recreation opportunities for motorcycles, ATVs, trucks, cars, buggies, land yachts, model airplanes, model rockets, ultra-light aircraft, gyrocopters, and parasails. El Mirage also has campsites and an ATV technical course. For current conditions and closure status of the El Mirage Dry Lake Bed, contact the BAFO at (760) 252-6000. Entrance Fees • • • • • • Each vehicle driven into El Mirage must have a pass: daily ($15); weekly ($30); or Season ($90 - Oct. 1 to Sept. 30th). Daily Passes are valid from day of purchase until noon the next day. Passes can be can purchased at the Visitor Center, the Barstow Field Office, 2601 Barstow Road, or the on-site fee machine. The on-site fee machines take cash and credit cards, sell daily, weekly and annual passes, and require exact change. A separate permit is NOT required for vehicles towed into the area. However, a towed vehicle driven in or out of the area will require a permit. El Mirage is an expanded amenity recreation fee site and as such, does not accept Veterans, Senior, Adventure or National Park Passes. Film Permits El Mirage is a popular location for the motion picture industry where many major movies have been filmed including Terminator, Star Trek, There Will Be Blood, Tommy Boy and more. To apply for a film permit, please visit the Bureau of Land Management’s (BLM) Film Permits page. Off-Highway Vehicle Use • • • • • • • • • • • • • OHVs owned by California residents must be registered with the California DMV and must display a valid “Green Sticker” or “Red Sticker.” Out-of-state OHV users must comply with all California rules and regulations, which are available at California OHV Page. On the ground, motorized vehicles should yield to non-motorized craft and aircraft. Spins, donuts and drifting are prohibited at any time. OHVs must be equipped with an approved muffler, brakes, and spark arrester. It is illegal to operate an OHV under the influence of alcohol or drugs. It is illegal to bring, dispose of, or possess any glass container, empty or not, within the open area. It is illegal to bring, dispose of, or possess any firewood containing nails, screws or other metal hardware within the open area. Pallets are prohibited. Shooting is prohibited in the El Mirage OHV Area, including BB guns, paint guns, and bow & arrows. It is illegal to possess and/or discharge fireworks. Persons on an ATV under 14 years of age must be supervised by a parent/guardian. All persons, regardless of age, who operate an ATV on public land must wear an approved safety helmet. Carrying passengers is prohibited on ATVs. For More Information Contact the BLM Barstow Field Office (760) 252-6000 https://www.blm.gov/barstow

also available

National Parks
New Mexico
North Carolina
Lake Tahoe - COMING SOON! 🎈